Upholstery Cleaning Honolulu
Quality upholstery, especially in Hawaii, is often an investment families make with the hope that the furniture will last long enough to make the investment worthwhile. Let us help you care for your:
- Love Seat
Life happens: spills, pet stains, and everything in-between. Let Magic Carpet Steam Cleaning in Honolulu help you care for your upholstery cleaning and leather cleaning in Honolulu so that you and your family can enjoy it for years to come.
We have included a few tips below on how to best handle day-to-day spots. Upholstery cleaning is recommended once every 6-12 months depending on usage.
Tips for day-to-day upholstery care
Rotate all loose cushions frequently to assure even wear. Vacuum dust & dirt from all fabric, cracks and crevasses. By far, fabric protection is the best way to extend the life of your upholstery.
- Vacuum often to reduce grit that can cause abrasion.
- Reverse loose cushions weekly for even wear.
- Protect from the sun: Ultraviolet light can cause deterioration and discoloration.
- Keep pets off of furniture, Pets' body oil rubs off and is very difficult to remove.
- Use caution with clothing such as blue jeans as fabric dyes can transfer onto your upholstery.
All upholstered furniture will become soiled through use. Most spills and soil on fabric-protection treated upholstery will clean easily and quickly, provided that the proper upholstery cleaning procedures are followed. A fabric protection application is not an absolute impenetrable barrier, and improper upholstery cleaning methods can damage both the fabric and the protection treatment.
- Always blot (don't rub) spills immediately with a clean absorbent dry cloth while the spill is still fresh. Dried spills and older stains are more difficult to remove.
- Identify the cleaning code for your type of fabric. This is helpful to determine the type of cleaner for you to use when treating spots and spills.
- Always read and follow the instructions on the cleaning agent.
- Use distilled water with the cleaning agent if water is called for (W & WS codes only)
- Pretest any cleaner on any fabric in a hidden area. Check for color fastness and fabric compatibility.
- Keep a small spill small - work lightly, blotting from center to edges. "Feather" the edges by dampening edges irregularly and blotting quickly to avoid rings.
- Quickly dry a cleaned spot by using a small fan or blow dryer on low, directed across the fabric.